C. Paleatus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Woo

Woo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Photography, keeping and breeding Corydoras, reading (all sorts) and music (anything apart from rap).

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:39 AM

Well folks I finally got something to breed apart from the Aeneus. We had a pair of Silver Angels spawn in in a 20 gallon tank and going off their past behaviour we moved them before they got chance to eat all the eggs.

We left the C. Paleatus in the tank intending to move them the day after, HA! We woke the following morning to see all the Angel eggs had vanished but the Corries were going crazy, the three males were chasing the two females all over the place, and before I left for work about 3 hours later we had somewhere in the region of 200 eggs. Everywhere from on the Java Moss the spawning cone that the angels had used, a piece of slate front glass sides and back.

I am hoping most of them will hatch!

Watch this space.

Steve/Woo
I want to live forever, so far, so good.

#2 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

Hi Steve,

Nice work...what temperature are your paleatus at as I have had problems in the past with keeping them at too high a temperature in my old fishhouse.
I now have a cool area in my new fishhouse which I have various Scleromystax species so I am thinking of paleatus or longipinnis again.
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#3 Woo

Woo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Photography, keeping and breeding Corydoras, reading (all sorts) and music (anything apart from rap).

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

Hi Steve,

Nice work...what temperature are your <i>paleatus </i> at as I have had problems in the past with keeping them at too high a temperature in my old fishhouse.
I now have a cool area in my new fishhouse which I have various <i>Scleromystax</i> species so I am thinking of <i>paleatus</i> or <i>longipinnis </i>again.

Hi Alan,

The temp was at 74f and the ph was at a neutral 7.0. Sorry I cannot tell you what the KH/GH was at the time of spawning but they seem happy enough and the parents were moved to another tank and spawned twice more before taking a break for a week and now they are at it again.

We have had quite a few storm fronts moving through the area so I am thinking that may have had something to do with it as well. The aeneus are still going strong and we are now supplying three stores with them as well as ABN's, Kribs, Silver Angels and Golden Angels.

My local store called me yesterday to let me know what Corries would be available next week and consequently I have a dozen C.Arcuatus on order at 2 for $7:50.

I read somewhere that it is difficult to get the earthworm sticks in the Highlands, if this is the case and you would like some drop me a line and we will figure something out. From what I have learned from others that are more experienced than I, they are quite the thing for Corrie fry once they are past the first food stage.

Steve/Woo
I want to live forever, so far, so good.

#4 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

I read somewhere that it is difficult to get the earthworm sticks in the Highlands, if this is the case and you would like some drop me a line and we will figure something out. From what I have learned from others that are more experienced than I, they are quite the thing for Corrie fry once they are past the first food stage.

Steve/Woo

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the kind offer but I think that we can get earthworm sticks over here now. I haven't tried them but I will definately give them a go.
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users