• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 marvin

marvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:23 PM

Hello everyone from Marvin and me! Hope Thanksgiving was great for you. ItI had a lot to be thankful for........all of you to begin with.
Marvin is much better. Followed your advice and he has improved greatly.
He is now cruising comfortably and always hungry. Back to his old tricks of popping the water all over me when I feed him by hand, and giving me the old kiss when I ask for it.
Just got back at midnight from San Fran. where I spent the week with my daughter. Had my son (who has fish and is an avid catfish fisherman...except Marvin) and my family doctor (who knows and has many fish) keep an eye on him while I was gone.
Plan on doing the tank today. He looks and acts so much better.
Update...........about 3 days before I left, I found a small decorative stone on the bottom where there had been none. (I cleaned and scoured with a fine-toothed comb) to be sure there were none. I am hoping that this WAS indeed the culprit. He seems to have made his greatest recovery since then.
I love the idea about the dates. Are we talking dried or fresh or canned?
I spent many nights up with my kids when they were little, but think looking at the ratio with Marvin.............he got more attention. I sat and ate with him and constantly went in to "cheer him on".
I do agree with all of you that he needs a bigger tank, but must win the lottery before that happens right now.
Sorry I haven't gotten back before now, but promise to keep all of you who have been so wonderful..updated.
The eyes..............? I didn't do the full treatment for popeye as they were NOT really as buldged as they looked in the pics. Didn't want to take any chances while I was away.

#22 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

Good to hear that everything is getting back to normal and the Big Cats experts on the forum have done their work :)
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#23 Wiccat

Wiccat

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Doradidae, Auchenipteridae, Hemibagrus spp. & coldwater spp.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hello everyone from Marvin and me! Hope Thanksgiving was great for you. ItI had a lot to be thankful for........all of you to begin with.
Marvin is much better. Followed your advice and he has improved greatly.
He is now cruising comfortably and always hungry. Back to his old tricks of popping the water all over me when I feed him by hand, and giving me the old kiss when I ask for it.
Just got back at midnight from San Fran. where I spent the week with my daughter. Had my son (who has fish and is an avid catfish fisherman...except Marvin) and my family doctor (who knows and has many fish) keep an eye on him while I was gone.
Plan on doing the tank today. He looks and acts so much better.
Update...........about 3 days before I left, I found a small decorative stone on the bottom where there had been none. (I cleaned and scoured with a fine-toothed comb) to be sure there were none. I am hoping that this WAS indeed the culprit. He seems to have made his greatest recovery since then.
I love the idea about the dates. Are we talking dried or fresh or canned?
I spent many nights up with my kids when they were little, but think looking at the ratio with Marvin.............he got more attention. I sat and ate with him and constantly went in to "cheer him on".
I do agree with all of you that he needs a bigger tank, but must win the lottery before that happens right now.
Sorry I haven't gotten back before now, but promise to keep all of you who have been so wonderful..updated.
The eyes..............? I didn't do the full treatment for popeye as they were NOT really as buldged as they looked in the pics. Didn't want to take any chances while I was away.

Hi Marvin,

Very pleased to hear that all is now well - you know where we are if you need us again.

Regarding a bigger tank, please buy an extra lottery ticket if that's what it takes!!!

Regards,
Wiccat

We never actually "OWN" them, they are just in our safekeeping for a while !

#24 Dan

Dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:keeping large catfish ,photography and making money to fund it all.

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:58 PM

Hi thats great news he is doing fine im really pleased for you and him keep an eye on ebay for a bigger tank as you will be surprised how cheap you can get one for. As you say you found a stone it sounds like he could well have eaten one and reguratated it when my joie was about 1 foot in his 6x2x2 i removed all stones and gravel so he had a bair tank and 2 days latter there was a good handfull of gravel that had passed throu him i say him but was a she but never mind:) a good substrate would be sand as it passes throu them easier if they do eat any and if you plan on keeping stones in there make shore they are smoth and cant fit in his mouth;).
As for dates fresh or dryed will be fine not canned and they are usually in syrup and that is no good unless they are cleaned well but try and very his diet as much as posable. I know they are always on the scrounge for food but you must lurn to say NO :lol: he wont starve id say feed 3 times a week will be fine.
Hope you both do fine and keep up the good work and remember ask away no question is to silly thats how we learn ;)

Dan,
Hi im Dan and im addicted to catfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users