• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rockdoc

Rockdoc

TopCat @ ScotCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle touring (BMW K1200LT)<br />Ponds and aquaria<br />My grandchildren! :)

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

I've been offered a couple of Tatia by a friend who's closing down their tank. Most of my tanks have Corys in so I'm concerned that they'll eat all the bloodworm, etc, I put in before the Tatia get a chance, with the latter being nocturnal/crepuscular. If I take these fish on, would they live with a Cory community or would they be better on their own?

Keith
Keith

Synodontis eupterus
Rineloricaria lanceolata; Chaetostoma thomsoni; (?)Hypostomus cf punctatus
Scleromystax prionotos
; barbatus
Corydoras arcuatus; aeneus sp Colombia; semiaquilus; septetrionalis; simulatus; sterbai; panda; similis;
habrosus; hastatus; pygmaeus; narcissus; melanotaenia; robineae; paleatus; C035; C042; C089; (?)C133
Brochis splendens

#2 mummymonkey

mummymonkey

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Corys and any other small fish.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

I've been offered a couple of Tatia by a friend who's closing down their tank. Most of my tanks have Corys in so I'm concerned that they'll eat all the bloodworm, etc, I put in before the Tatia get a chance, with the latter being nocturnal/crepuscular. If I take these fish on, would they live with a Cory community or would they be better on their own?

Keith

I keep mine with corys without any issues. They don't even touch the cory eggs or fry. They come out when they sense food, even during the day.

#3 Rockdoc

Rockdoc

TopCat @ ScotCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle touring (BMW K1200LT)<br />Ponds and aquaria<br />My grandchildren! :)

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

Ah! That's a relief. She's a very good friend and she tends to let me have fish she's particularly fond of as she trusts me to keep them safe and sound. I'd hate to have to tell they'd starved to death!
Keith

Synodontis eupterus
Scleromystax prionotos
; barbatus
Corydoras arcuatus; aeneus sp Colombia; semiaquilus; septetrionalis; simulatus; sterbai; panda; similis;
habrosus; hastatus; pygmaeus; narcissus; melanotaenia; robineae; paleatus; C035; C042; C089; (?)C133
Brochis splendens

#4 boyneburn

boyneburn

TopCat @ ScotCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

I'll second Graham's reply.I received a few young Tatia Intermedia from him & they come out as soon as I put food into the tank.They dash round the tank like performing seals balancing earthworm pellets in their lips.They are in with Aphyosemions who are very keen on their food as well but the Tatias don't starve that's for sure!
Lang may your lum reek.

www.scotia-aquatics.co.uk

#5 Rockdoc

Rockdoc

TopCat @ ScotCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:24 AM

They seem to have settled in OK. I'm still a bit concerned that they're the least forceful of the inhabitants of their tank so I might move them again. So far, so good, though.

Thanks.
Keith

Synodontis eupterus
Scleromystax prionotos
; barbatus
Brochis splendens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users