10 replies to this topic

#1 boyneburn

boyneburn

TopCat @ ScotCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

I have had eggs from C.Adolfoi possibly Duplicareus,C.Aeneus,C.Axelrodi (first time for me),C.Metae,C.Pygmaeus,C.Sterbai & Brown Bristlenose in the last week.
Lang may your lum reek.

www.scotia-aquatics.co.uk

#2 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

Nice one...it must have been something that you added to the water...may be Highland Spring :D
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#3 boyneburn

boyneburn

TopCat @ ScotCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Nice one...it must have been something that you added to the water...may be Highland Spring :D

I have just started to use a HMA CBR2 it could be this or just coincidence.
Lang may your lum reek.

#4 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

Is that a carbon filter Roy ?
Allan.

at ScotCat
Catfish Study Group

#5 boyneburn

boyneburn

TopCat @ ScotCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:53 PM

Is that a carbon filter Roy ?

Genuine 3 stage HMA CBR2 Heavy Metal removal filter.

CBR are the market leaders and are recognised as the the best Heavy Metal filters available.

This filter unit comprises three stages. In the first stage the water is passed through a 5 micron polypropylene sediment filter which removes sediment. The second stage is a 5 micron carbon block filter which removes chlorine and organic matter and lengthens the life of the CBR filter. The third stage is the 0.5 micron CBR2 multi media filter which removes Heavy Metals, Volatile Organic Chemicals, Gardia, Cryptosporidium, Chlorine and Chloramine. It will purify up to 8000 gallons of water before the cartridges need to be changed.

It has superior quality Pentek Slimline filter housings and comes ready to use with cartridges installed, complete with tubing and a tap connector for quick and easy connection to a garden tap or hose pipe fitting.

These filters will not alter ph or hardness and are ideal for producing pure water for blending with RO water for Discus fish keeping.
Lang may your lum reek.

#6 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

I will definately have to look into this as my water is not as good as a few years ago. They have put so many things in to make it friendly to humans but certainly not to our finned friends!!. I can smell the chlorine now when running the kitchen tap on certain days which did not happen in the past.
Allan.

at ScotCat
Catfish Study Group

#7 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

Hi Roy,

My new HMA CBR2 arrived today. Just a few questions...do you use yours straight from the water supply/tap or from a pump. I have the two options. Thinking of going with the water supply which will maybe give me more water pressure through the three pods...what do you think? Another question, do you use it every time for water changes or just periodically. Cheers.
Allan.

at ScotCat
Catfish Study Group

#8 boyneburn

boyneburn

TopCat @ ScotCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hi Roy,

My new HMA CBR2 arrived today. Just a few questions...do you use yours straight from the water supply/tap or from a pump. I have the two options. Thinking of going with the water supply which will maybe give me more water pressure through the three pods...what do you think? Another question, do you use it every time for water changes or just periodically. Cheers.

Alan I just connect it to the tap & fill buckets in the fish house.I have got heaters in a two & one without.I use big plastic buckets that I get from the bakers.They get their golden syrup in them, they hold about 26 litres.I sometimes use tap water with Haloex in if I am running short of HMA water.
It could be coincidence but my C.Similis & C.Axelrodi never spawned until I started to use the HMA CBR2 filter.MY Tatia Intermedia also spawned last week for the first time.I got them as fry from Graham so it could be that they have just matured enough to breed.
Lang may your lum reek.

#9 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

Hi Roy,

My mate who is a plumber is going to plumb it from the water supply in the Fishhouse separate from my water container which houses my water pump so I can use both methods. I will be able to turn it on with a tap (washing machine tap). Not sure how powerful it will be but it will be interesting to find out. Will keep you up to date when things happen. Cheers Roy.

PS. nice one with the Tatia by the way. I have 3 large ones now from eggs given to me by Graham so hopefully in the future.
Allan.

at ScotCat
Catfish Study Group

#10 medaka

medaka

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Asian catfish, Corydoras

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

HI Roy

How old are your Tatia's?

It would be nice to know at what age do they spawn at.
My son asked "who was Elton John dad"?
I replied "He played keyboards son, for Marc Bolan"!

My Hearts belongs To Everton

visit AsianCatfish.com

Joins the worlds premier Catfish Society
Catfish Study Group

#11 boyneburn

boyneburn

TopCat @ ScotCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

HI Roy

How old are your Tatia's?

It would be nice to know at what age do they spawn at.

They were approximately 15 months old I got them as small fry from Graham Ramsay last summer.
Lang may your lum reek.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users