• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ollie

ollie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

these are my new group of schwartzi , ive taken quite a shine to these , never get bored of watching these go about there buisness and hoping to breed them 1 day .
im going to add to the group soon , hope to end up with a nice shoal of about 20 and they will be going in a 4' tank , heavily planted and sand substrate . cant find a lot on breeding these corys , so if any tips or tricks be gratefull.

Attached Files

#2 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hi Ollie,

Very nice looking and a good idea to get a bunch of them. They will look brill!. Not a lot as you say on breeding them but the usual parameters for Cory breeding will do. There is a spawning report from Ian Fuller(aka coryman)in his breeding Corydoradine book where the Temp. was 74f and a high alkaline p.H. of 7.5 but I would guess that if you keep it up to neutral you should be all right. They laid there eggs on the front glass and his community tank was heavily planted. He was feeding the parents flake, live foods such as bloodworm, tubifex and daphnia but you could replace them with frozen. He also fed chopped earthworms once a week.
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#3 ollie

ollie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hi Ollie,

Very nice looking and a good idea to get a bunch of them. They will look brill!. Not a lot as you say on breeding them but the usual parameters for Cory breeding will do. There is a spawning report from Ian Fuller(aka coryman)in his breeding Corydoradine book where the Temp. was 74f and a high alkaline p.H. of 7.5 but I would guess that if you keep it up to neutral you should be all right. They laid there eggs on the front glass and his community tank was heavily planted. He was feeding the parents flake, live foods such as bloodworm, tubifex and daphnia but you could replace them with frozen. He also fed chopped earthworms once a week.

thanks for the great info :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users