• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CarrieCofer

CarrieCofer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:41 AM

:rolleyes: I am currently spawning Cory Aeneus albino and Cory Paleatus and Betta Splendens, love my fishies! I have had aquariums since I was about 7 or 8 years old. You dont get to know how long that has been! Right now, I have the Challenge of Challenges...Im wishing to be the first to spawn Mystus Carcio without hormone injections...I am hoping for any < and I do mean ANY > extra info anyone has on this matter...< optimist>
:unsure: Carrie

#2 medaka

medaka

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Asian catfish, Corydoras

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

I am hoping for any < and I do mean ANY > extra info anyone has on this matter...< optimist>

I unfortunately canít help personally here , however this maybe of some small help
http://www.scotcat.c...s/article65.htm
My son asked "who was Elton John dad"?
I replied "He played keyboards son, for Marc Bolan"!

My Hearts belongs To Everton

visit AsianCatfish.com

Joins the worlds premier Catfish Society
Catfish Study Group

#3 CarrieCofer

CarrieCofer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:21 AM

I unfortunately canít help personally here , however this maybe of some small help
http://www.scotcat.c...s/article65.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#4 CarrieCofer

CarrieCofer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:23 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you Medaka. I already printed out that article, it is full of info. I seem to need information about weather/climate in the Bengal region of India. Hoping to try to match that here ...

#5 medaka

medaka

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Asian catfish, Corydoras

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:01 PM

I seem to need information about weather/climate in the Bengal region of India

OK. I have done a small amount of researching for you on this. I am afraid it may be not a lot of good to you. :unsure:
One problem is that at the moment there isnít much data on the collection areaís of these fish. (Fish base has not as yet put any information regarding these fish into public domain).As you will be aware the original specimen described was caught in ponds in Bengal.. Yet, the part of India which was Bengal no longer exists; you now have west Bengal and the region Bihar which use to form part of Bengal. So where in Bengal were these ponds? So it would be hard to generalize about habitat and climate. Part of this area is hilly, part is covered in forest and part is farmland. Regarding climate the only relevant data I could find is from a weather station in Calcutta who recorded these figures in the mid nineteen nineties:

MONTHS:- J F M A M J J A S O N D

Rainfall (mm) 10 30 40 50 130 300 350 360 250 120 60 12

Temperature (įC) 20 25 25 30 32 32 30 30 30 30 25 20
My son asked "who was Elton John dad"?
I replied "He played keyboards son, for Marc Bolan"!

My Hearts belongs To Everton

visit AsianCatfish.com

Joins the worlds premier Catfish Society
Catfish Study Group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users