• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hayley

Hayley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Reading, surfing the net, D.I.Y., painting (canvases), keeping pets: 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 30 stick insects and my tropical tanks! Phew!!

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

Hi All

Got this little cutie on Yesterday, he's lovely!!! He's a Starlight Ancistrus (White Seam). L183 Ancistrus dolichopterus.

Attached Files

• Attached File  0005.jpg   183.87KB   15 downloads

Main tank: 1 Baby Ancistrus Ranunculus, 2 C42 Corydoras, 1 Cardinal Tetra, 1 male Red Hi-Fin Platy, 1 mickey mouse platy, 1 comet platy, 1 orange wagtail platy, 5 Kryptopterus minor and 8 C. weitzmani

Daughters tank: 1 Starlight Ancistrus (White Seam), 1 Female Red Hi-Fin Platys, around 15 young platys of different ages and 6 C. sp 'Gold Laser'

Q tank: 10 male Yellow wagtail and Comet Platys, 4 C. ambiacus, 3 C.loxozonus and 6 C. aeneus

Other Daughters tank: 18 female Yellow Wagtail Platy babies

3 Hospital/spare tanks: Empty!

Still haven't managed to get rid of those platys!!!!!

#2 Tienie

Tienie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Catfish & Computers

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

He's beautiful!

Good luck with him. biggrin.gif
Life is a journey - Where are you going?

#3 Hayley

Hayley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Reading, surfing the net, D.I.Y., painting (canvases), keeping pets: 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 rabbits, 30 stick insects and my tropical tanks! Phew!!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:43 PM

Thanks Tienie!

He's much braver than the one I've got in my main tank, that one just hides under a log!!! At least this one comes out and clings to the side of his log so we can see him!!!
Main tank: 1 Baby Ancistrus Ranunculus, 2 C42 Corydoras, 1 Cardinal Tetra, 1 male Red Hi-Fin Platy, 1 mickey mouse platy, 1 comet platy, 1 orange wagtail platy, 5 Kryptopterus minor and 8 C. weitzmani

Daughters tank: 1 Starlight Ancistrus (White Seam), 1 Female Red Hi-Fin Platys, around 15 young platys of different ages and 6 C. sp 'Gold Laser'

Q tank: 10 male Yellow wagtail and Comet Platys, 4 C. ambiacus, 3 C.loxozonus and 6 C. aeneus

#4 Tienie

Tienie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Catfish & Computers

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:39 AM

Nice to have "brave" fish, I prefer to have fish that I can see.
Life is a journey - Where are you going?

#5 Hayley

Hayley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:34 AM

Here we go, an updated photo of little Starlight! Isn't he beautiful?!!!

Attached Files

#6 clunk

clunk

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Catfish

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:58 PM

Must agree with you a very stunning fish. Do you only have the 2 ? Are you planning on breeding them ?
the only stupid question is the one you dont ASK!

#7 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:26 PM

Fantastic looking starlight, and its made its way into the photo gallery smile.gif
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#8 Hayley

Hayley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:04 AM

Woohoo!!! Another pic in the gallery!!!! Thanks Allan!

Clunk,

I've got this Starlight in one tank and the Medusa in another tank, they are both males, I have been toying with the idea of getting them both girlfriends but I don't know if I could cope with breeding fish!

#9 clunk

clunk

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:20 PM

Why not ? As it does say in your sig that you have fry comming out your ears laugh.gif Plus would it not be nice to see a load of baby L183s ?

#10 Hayley

Hayley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:38 PM

True....but I'd be panicking all the while!!! And thenI'd be overrun with them too as I can't bring myself to take the platys to the LFS, i'd end up keeping all of the L183's too!!! laugh.gif

#11 clunk

clunk

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:13 PM

laugh.gif Then you would need more tank space, mind you have you not thought that it could help fund your fishkeeping ?

#12 Guest_Zincubus_*

Guest_Zincubus_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

That is a beautie !!
I have added it to my WANTED list smile.gif

This is my pride and joy ... when he puts in an appearance !

http://www.piranha-i...ges/L200_14.jpg

#13 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Now that is my favourite pleco, love the L200, had 2 of them a few years ago and quite easy to keep and very eye-catching.
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#14 clunk

clunk

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

Sweet very nice specimin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users