Photo

Video: Weird Behaviour? Are they fighting?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BrownBullhead

BrownBullhead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:24 AM

What is this behaviour my Synodontis Lucipinnis (a.k.a. "Dwarf Petricola") are doing here? Are they fighting? I have about 20 of these guys in my 150-gallon. All are approximately two inches total length each. I've lost about 5 in the last week… where at first I thought it may have been due to my "overhaul" of my tank (see http://cichlid-forum...p...9=) I am now wondering if they are killing each other? Any feedback, Synodontis keepers?

Please watch my video clip at the below URL…

Video: Weird Behaviour? Are they fighting? re: Synodontis Lucipinnis (a.k.a. "Dwarf Petricola")

#2 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

I would say that with the massive changes that you had made to your tank, that the aggression is down to staking out new territories with the new set-up as Synodontis in the main are territorial. I would add some plant pots and pipework for them to hide away in.

In the unlikely event that they are in breeding condition, I say unlikely if they are only 2ins in length, with the probably cooler water change the upturned pots will make a home for a pair ready to spawn.

By the way liked your videos smile.gif
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users