#1 ali12345

ali12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:10 AM

http://www.flickr.co...N04/2379200841/

After a cracked tank, a replacement that leaked, and a bad infection I missed in quarantine which wiped out most of my fish, the tank is actually running. Still on the filters from other tanks and spares. Haven't got the sump to work properly yet!
Resident so far are 2 rusty plecs, 8 midnight cats, 2 clown loaches, 2 pakistani loaches, 8 rainbow fish, 2 hoplos, loads of livebearers, 3 brochis, 10 cories, 2 bristlenose, 8 african red eyed tetras, 5 yellow rasboras, 6 scissor tails, and a few others I can't remember. Some will be removed when the synos and talking cats go in. Plan on more wood cats and more doradids.
Alison

#2 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

Very nice, hope you don't get too much algae with all that natural light. Talking about your Midnight cats., I have two pairs in a 3ft tank on their own and I have been trying my best to get them to spawn but with no luck so far, brilliant fish when you can see them smile.gif
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#3 clunk

clunk

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Catfish

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

Very nice looking tank smile.gif What is the problem with your sump tank? How are you trying too run it?
the only stupid question is the one you dont ASK!

#4 ali12345

ali12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (clunk @ Apr 7 2008, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice looking tank smile.gif What is the problem with your sump tank? How are you trying too run it?

The problem is the pump is too powerful. It runs the section dry. We are going to take one of the dividers out and raise it so more flow can get through. Hopefully that will improve matters. Otherwise we will have to set up some sort of partial diversion to the sump tank. At the moment we are using the pond pipe black flexi ridged but will plumb in something permanently and also I want to add a uv sterilizer but will have to put it on a lower flow diversion....
Any advice gratefully received!
Alison

#5 ali12345

ali12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (scotcat @ Apr 7 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice, hope you don't get too much algae with all that natural light. Talking about your Midnight cats., I have two pairs in a 3ft tank on their own and I have been trying my best to get them to spawn but with no luck so far, brilliant fish when you can see them smile.gif

Hi,
I haven't had any algae problems with my other tanks out there so hopefully all will be well.
Alison

#6 clunk

clunk

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Catfish

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

On my tank set up with a sump tank, the way i have it set up, was to first drill a drain hole on the side of the tank to acomodate 2" normal pipe used in everyday plumbing, which then runs down a 3Ft trickle tower into the sump tank which has an ocean runner 3500 to return the water to the main tank, i also had a problem with the water returning to quick, to which i then spliced my ehim tubing (the green 0ne) and put a flow controle tap in, which solved the problem for me, i have some pictures somewhere of my system that i could dig out if you are interested
the only stupid question is the one you dont ASK!

#7 ali12345

ali12345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

Yes thanks, that would be handy if you could.
Alison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users