• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NewCat

NewCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

I've had this Cory for time, but never could get a good idea on what species. Like all cory's with small spots, the LFS's around here just seem to call these generically as "Spotted Cory Cat" or inaccurately as "Julli Cory", which always turn out to be trilineateus anyway. Anyone got any guesses?
Attached File  DSCN0009a.JPG   99.24KB   17 downloads
Attached File  DSCN0014.JPG   73.77KB   12 downloads

#2 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

Some of these spotted Cory's are getting a bit of a nightmare now as there are a few with C and CW numbers but your specimen, well fed may I add smile.gif looks like C.brevirostris.
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#3 NewCat

NewCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the input. I guess it getting rather portly. I used to have 2 others with an almost identical spot pattern and body size, along with 2 schwartzi's and and two others that may have been agassizi's, but unfortunately, they have all passed sad.gif . It's a shame that I don't see more of these anymore. Trilineatus' are beginning to show up again here, but I'm still looking for more like this one. Nothing against the paleatus' and albino aenus' I see all the time here, but this one doesn't seem like to hang with other corys who don't have spots. At least it's warmed up to the young trilineatus I added this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users