3 replies to this topic

#1 Kcat

Kcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:28 AM

I've wanted some of these guys for awhile but can't always find them. Since they're small I bought 6 so they can schoal together properly. Sometimes they do but other times they all go off in different directions and do their own thing. Anyway they have all survived their first week and first water change and seem happy in my 16 gal. It was sure hard to see them while siphoning out the water!

When I first put the pygmies in my swordtail male chased them and was very abusive so one sustained some fin damage. Of course the swordtail was removed immediately--he has been a real thorn in my side. He's now back in the 20 gal. with platies, guppies, cories and UDC. So far he's ok--only pecking the others a bit if they're in his way too much. I only keep him because I've had him the longest of any of my fish and we've been through a lot together. Somehow he survived all my newbie inexperience with fish keeping. rolleyes.gif Of course it helps that he is also quite beautiful. wink.gif

#2 mummymonkey

mummymonkey

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Corys and any other small fish.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:29 AM

C. pygmaeus are one of the fish I'll never be without. An absolute gem.

#3 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

Yes agree with Graham that they are a gem! Better to have them in a tank on their own or at least with small inoffensive tank mates. Females will get quite robust when ready to spawn so a good thing to look out for. Like to swim in midwater which I suppose you have noticed with them. Good luck.
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#4 medaka

medaka

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Asian catfish, Corydoras

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

Gorgeous little catfish
The first cory cat that I got to spawn cool.gif
My son asked "who was Elton John dad"?
I replied "He played keyboards son, for Marc Bolan"!

My Hearts belongs To Everton

visit AsianCatfish.com

Joins the worlds premier Catfish Society
Catfish Study Group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users