• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jose salas

jose salas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:36 AM

Here are some pictures of my 115 gallon tank, I have 2 Pacus, a Clown Knifefish, a Red Tail Cat fish, a Silver Arowana, some Barbs, a Featherfin Synodontis, 2 Pimelodella, one Panaque and a Brown Knifefish (leptorhynchus) laugh.gif

Attached Files

#2 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

Hi Jose,

That's certainly a different collection of fish there. smile.gif Like your Pacu's and the knifefish. You mentioned red tail catfish, hope it is not THE red tail catfish as in http://www.scotcat.c...ioliopterus.htm as it can grow to big for the normal aquarium and it is also a loner!. The silver Arowana is also a big fish unless you aim to move the fish to other more suitable tanks in the future when some of these fish get too big and aggressive when housed together.
Allan.

Log on to the site for all of your catfish needs
at ScotCat
and also the Worlds premier Catfish Society at
Catfish Study Group

#3 jose salas

jose salas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (scotcat @ Oct 6 2008, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jose,

That's certainly a different collection of fish there. smile.gif Like your Pacu's and the knifefish. You mentioned red tail catfish, hope it is not THE red tail catfish as in http://www.scotcat.c...ioliopterus.htm as it can grow to big for the normal aquarium and it is also a loner!. The silver Arowana is also a big fish unless you aim to move the fish to other more suitable tanks in the future when some of these fish get too big and aggressive when housed together.

Hi Allan

I'm preparing an outdor 2400 gallon pond in my yard to move the big fishes when the time comes. I will post some pictures of the pond when ready. Yes the RTC is a Phractocephalus hemioliopterus

#4 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Catfish, especially Corydoras and Synodontis. Reading about catfish and Photographing them.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (jose salas @ Oct 15 2008, 04:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Allan

I'm preparing an outdor 2400 gallon pond in my yard to move the big fishes when the time comes. I will post some pictures of the pond when ready. Yes the RTC is a Phractocephalus hemioliopterus

Hi Jose,

Look forward to your pond pictures, sounds great smile.gif

Allan.

at ScotCat
Catfish Study Group

#5 mummymonkey

mummymonkey

TopCat @ ScotCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Corys and any other small fish.

Posted 15 October 2008 - 11:12 PM

A pond for catfish eh? Sounds fantastic. Doubt if any would survive a Perthshire winter though!

#6 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (mummymonkey @ Oct 16 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A pond for catfish eh? Sounds fantastic. Doubt if any would survive a Perthshire winter though!

Or an Argyll winter biggrin.gif

Allan.

at ScotCat
Catfish Study Group

#7 Dan

Dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:keeping large catfish ,photography and making money to fund it all.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:28 AM

Hi, a pond is a great idea for fish like a redtail cat mine is 3 foot long and lives in a 1000 gallon pond but you wont be able to keep a good temature unless you can build it in some kind out out house. Last winter mine cost nearly 900 just to heat it so for 2000 gallons your looking at double the price. mine has move in to a fully insulated shed now, just like keeping it in doors now hope this help Dan.
Hi im Dan and im addicted to catfish

#8 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

I don't know where Jose is based Dan, but I would guess a warm country looking at his personal profile. May be you could let us know Jose?

Have you any pics of your setups Dan?
Allan.

at ScotCat
Catfish Study Group

#9 Dan

Dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:keeping large catfish ,photography and making money to fund it all.

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

Hi scotcat iv got some pic of it out side set up in the summer but non yet of the fish house as its not finised yet but when its finished ill get some pic on. The water temp stayed in the high 20's but once winter falls it drops to much for her so it's a fish house required ow yeah all round enjoyment with out getting cold. Attached File  Image002.jpg   571.85KB   4 downloadsAttached File  Picture2_071.jpg   3.08MB   3 downloadsAttached File  File0010__6_.jpg   346.51KB   6 downloads
Hi im Dan and im addicted to catfish

#10 scotcat

scotcat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:37 PM

Hi Dan,

Your Red Tail looks in great nick and yes 900 a year is a bit steep for heating. What kind of heater do you use for such a size of pond.?
I take it you live in England? and what size of indoor pond will you have in the new fishhouse.....questions, questions smile.gif
Allan.

at ScotCat
Catfish Study Group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users